Monday, February 22, 2010

The car's the star (of the song)

Cars in popular culture?  We all know about Prince’s Little Red Corvette and Wilson Pickett’s Mustang Sally, but what about cars that are contained within the lyrics?

Here’s Petrolblog’s rundown of the top tunes with cars within the lyrics.  In true chart show style, we start with number 10.

10. Can I ride with you in your BMW?:  Oasis – Supersonic

9. I’ve been driving in my car, it’s not quite a Jaguar:  Madness – Driving in my car

8. Drove my Chevy to the levee:  Don McLean – American Pie

7. Her mind is tiffany twisted, she’s got the Mercedes bends:  The Eagles – Hotel California

6. There’s a girl my lord in a flatbed Ford:  The Eagles – Take it easy

5. So why don’t we make a little room in your BMW – George Michael – Fast Love

4. Cos Tony’s got a new motor, SR Nova driving like a joyrider:  The Streets – Has it come to this?

And the all important top three…

3. I drive a Rolls Royce, cos it’s good for my voice:  T-Rex – Children of the Revolution

2. Out on the road today, I saw a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac:  Don Henley – Boys of Summer

1. He’s got a brand new car, looks like a Jaguar:  Feeder – Buck Rogers

Still waiting for the first song to feature the Kia Pride or Hyundai Accent.

And finally, by way of a tribute to the awesome Feeder, here’s the song itself.  Looks like a Jag-uuu-aaarr!

[Via http://majorgav.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment